RESOLOR (prucalopride) is indicated for symptomatic treatment of chronic constipation in adults in whom laxatives fail to provide adequate relief.
RESOLOR works on the muscle wall of the bowels. It increases the movement of the bowels, making stools easier to pass. It can be helpful for people for whom constipation remains a problem despite having made changes to lifestyle and diet, and despite having tried a number of different laxatives.
Resolor is used to treat symptoms of chronic (long-term) constipation in adults for whom laxatives (medicines that trigger bowel movements) do not work well enough.
WARRANTY & EXPIRATION DATE
100 % Original Resolor from Janssen Pharmaceutica Expiration date up to 04.2022
Each film-coated tablet contains 1 mg prucalopride (as succinate).
Excipients with known effect: Each film-coated tablet contains 142.5 mg lactose (as monohydrate).
Recommended dosage for adults:
- Before you start the treatment, read the manufacturer's printed information leaflet from inside the pack. It will give you more information about prucalopride and will provide you with a full list of the side-effects which you may experience from taking it.
- Take prucalopride tablets exactly as your doctor tells you to. It is usual to be prescribed one (2 mg) tablet to take once daily. You may be given a lower-strength tablet if you are over 65 years old, or if you have any problems with your liver or kidneys.
- Swallow the tablet with a drink of water. You can take the tablet at a time of day to suit you. It is recommended that you take your doses at the same time of day each day, as doing this can help you to remember to take your doses regularly. You can take prucalopride tablets before or after food.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If you do not remember until the following day, leave out the forgotten dose and take the dose that is due. Do not take two tablets at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients .
- Renal impairment requiring dialysis.
- Intestinal perforation or obstruction due to structural or functional disorder of the gut wall, obstructive ileus, severe inflammatory conditions of the intestinal tract, such as Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis and toxic megacolon/megarectum.
The most common side effects with Resolor are headache, nausea (feeling sick), diarrhoea and abdominal (tummy) pain. For the full list of all side effects reported with Resolor, see the package leaflet.
Resolor must not be used in patients with kidney problems requiring dialysis (a blood clearance technique). It must also not be used in patients with intestinal perforation or obstruction, severe inflammatory conditions of the intestines such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis (inflammation of the large intestine causing ulceration and bleeding) and toxic megacolon and megarectum (very serious complications of colitis). For the full list of restrictions, see the package leaflet.
Store in dry place at room temperature. Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 degrees Celcius. Keep away from direct sunlight. Keep locked and away from children
Caution: Consult your physician if taking medications or have a medical condition.
Please connect with us if you need more
information about RESOLOR